LONDON and TOKYO, September 15, 2011 -- /PRNewswire/ --
EvaluatePharma Ltd, the research company, is delighted to announce the official launch of EvaluatePharma Japan KK. With a team based in Tokyo, EvaluatePharma Japan KK will be ideally placed to support our clients and prospects in Japan.
"Japan is a very important market for us. We have managed to build close relationships with our major customers from a distance, but it is now time for us to show our commitment to the Japanese market with a dedicated local operation," said CEO Dr Jonathan de Pass.
With the establishment of EvaluatePharma Japan KK, we welcome Hiroshi Yamazaki, who has joined as a regional director. Mr. Yamazaki is responsible for development of EvaluatePharma's business in Japan. With many years' experience servicing the pharmaceutical industry, he and the EvaluatePharma Japan team are well positioned to expand and support the business in this territory.
The launch was marked with a reception at the British Embassy in Tokyo, where Dr Jonathan de Pass, founder and CEO of EvaluatePharma Ltd, presented "Darwin's Medicine - Survival of the Fittest in the Pharma Industry." Drawing on EvaluatePharma's World Preview 2016 (2011 edition), and "The Future of Pharma" by Professor Brian D. Smith, Dr de Pass discussed the evolutionary forces shaping the pharmaceuticals industry in the face of catastrophic loss of revenue post "patent cliff" and the alarming decline in R&D productivity.
Notes to editors
About EvaluatePharma ® - http://www.evaluatepharma.com
Set up in 1996 by former top pharma analyst Dr. Jonathan de Pass, EvaluatePharma® is the premier source for pharma and biotech analysis.
EvaluatePharma was the first company to supply reliable consensus forecasts of global drug sales and now provides standardised worldwide financial and forecast models with consensus product forecasts to 2016, data on R&D pipelines, licensing deals, patent risk and M&A deals, along with analytical tools that include Merge Company and Peer Group Analyzer and NPV (Net Present Value) analysis for more than 3000 products.
Launched in 2007, EvaluatePharma®Alpha offers an off-the-shelf valuation service to quantify the impact of market events on product, portfolio and company valuation - NPV Analyzer, Calendar of Events and the daily news service EP Vantage.
SOURCE EvaluatePharma Ltd
What You Should Know About Comments on Sacbee.com
Sacbee.com is happy to provide a forum for reader interaction, discussion, feedback and reaction to our stories. However, we reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments or ban users who can't play nice. (See our full terms of service here.)
Here are some rules of the road:
• Keep your comments civil. Don't insult one another or the subjects of our articles. If you think a comment violates our guidelines click the flag icon to notify the moderators. Responding to the comment will only encourage bad behavior.
• Don't use profanities, vulgarities or hate speech. This is a general interest news site. Sometimes, there are children present. Don't say anything in a way you wouldn't want your own child to hear.
• Do not attack other users; focus your comments on issues, not individuals.
• Stay on topic. Only post comments relevant to the article at hand. If you want to discuss an issue with a specific user, click on his profile name and send him a direct message.
• Do not copy and paste outside material into the comment box.
• Don't repeat the same comment over and over. We heard you the first time.
• Do not use the commenting system for advertising. That's spam and it isn't allowed.
• Don't use all capital letters. That's akin to yelling and not appreciated by the audience.
• Don't flag other users' comments just because you don't agree with their point of view. Please only flag comments that violate these guidelines.
You should also know that The Sacramento Bee does not screen comments before they are posted. You are more likely to see inappropriate comments before our staff does, so we ask that you click the flag icon to submit those comments for moderator review. You also may notify us via email at email@example.com. Note the headline on which the comment is made and tell us the profile name of the user who made the comment. Remember, comment moderation is subjective. You may find some material objectionable that we won't and vice versa.
If you submit a comment, the user name of your account will appear along with it. Users cannot remove their own comments once they have submitted them.