The government said Friday it plans to spend about ¥220 billion to clean up residential areas contaminated by radiation emitted by the tsunami-hit Fukushima No. 1 power plant.The main issue seems to be what to do with the radiation-tainted soil and rubble that will be removed in the process.Chief Cabinet Secretary Osamu Fujimura said the government will stick to its initial plan to construct a facility to store the radioactive material in Fukushima Prefecture before taking it to a final disposal site.Fujimura, the top government spokesman, said the government will discuss the construction of such a facility further with local prefectural governments, adding that Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda is eager to explain the matter to residents in the area.When Noda's predecessor, Naoto Kan, last month suddenly announced to Fukushima Gov. Yuhei Sato the idea of setting up such a facility during their talks in the city of Fukushima, the governor expressed displeasure, saying, "It's an abrupt proposal. We are very much baffled."A government official said that the ¥220 billion will come from the ¥800 billion set aside in the second extra budget for fiscal 2011 as reserve funds for spending related to restoration efforts from the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.