2011年8月22日月曜日

Clijsters pulls out of Tokyo tourney

Three-time U.S. Open champion Kim Clijsters has withdrawn from not only the Grand Slam event but also the Pan Pacific Open starting Sept. 25, organizers of the WTA tournament in Tokyo said Sunday.

"Unfortunately, I won't be able to defend my U.S. Open title because of a partial tear of my left stomach muscle," the Belgian, winner of the U.S. Open in 2005, 2009 and 2010, said through Pan Pacific Open organizers. "I've also decided to miss the Pan Pacific Open and the China Open. Now I need to rest and try to recover, otherwise I'm going to hurt the same area again."

Among other top-ranked players, defending champion Caroline Wozniacki and Serena Williams are scheduled to play at the $2 million Pan Pacific Open, which runs through Oct. 1 at Ariake Tennis Forest Park. The China Open is held in Beijing the following week.


View the original article here

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿